In nature, cells are bioelectrical and biochemical at the same time; both processes occur in concert to allow for cell function. Horizontal Therapy is based on this fact. Rather than moving vertically across an action potential threshold, Horizontal Therapy crosses the potential threshold horizontally (along the X-axis) by clinically varying the frequency at a constant intensity.
Two frequencies are selected from the middle frequency range; one that is below the action potential threshold and one that is above it. By changing from low to high frequency, and then the reverse, the action potential threshold is crossed, and the action potential occurs.
Proven results for Peripheral Neuropathy and Knee Pain.
- Stimulate peripheral nerves for the purpose of providing pain relief.
- Stimulate muscle nerves for the purpose of providing muscle re-education.
- Management and symptomatic relief of chronic (long-term) pain.
- Adjunctive treatment in the management of post- surgical pain problems.
- Relaxation of muscle spasms.
- Prevention or retardation of tissue atrophy.
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of the calf muscles to prevent phlebothrombosis.
- Non-invasive, non-toxic, safe and effective.
- Minimal side effects, easily avoided.